You will find all of your future dives much more enjoyable once you are able to more readily identify what you are seeing! This course teaches you how to use size, colour, markings, propulsion methods and habitats to identify different fish families. A great specialty to take if you plan on diving in various other locations on this or future trips, as different species of fish can vary significantly in their appearance from region to region.
Once you learn to recognize what types of fish you see, you’ll find it easier to reference the exact species after a scuba dive. For example, a butterfly fish in the Caribbean has a similar shape to a butterfly fish in Southeast Asia, but colors and markings may be wildly different. If you know what fish family it belongs to, you can more easily look up the local name or at least be able to intelligently ask the local scuba instructor what you saw.
During two scuba dives, you’ll learn:
- How to identify characteristics of local fish families and species.
- Fish survey techniques and strategies.
- About Project AWARE activities that can help protect aquatic life
Promises We Don’t Break:
- No more than 4 people per instructor!
- Materials Including PADI Specialty Diver Manual
- All Dive Equipment Included
- Specialty Aware Fish-ID Diver Certification
- Hours are flexible
- Multi language if requested (French, Spanish, German, Dutch…)
Sign up here at Siam Scuba 1 day before you would like to start the course; get a PADI AWARE – Fish ID Specialty Diver Manual and a brief explanation of how to use it from our Staff.
Its Takes only one Day
10:00: Review the answers with your instructor
12:00: Dive 1st (Fish Identification Dive1)
14:00: Dive 2nd (Fish Identification Dive2)
14:00: Additional deeper water skills development and rescue scenarios. Depth of 12m
We have accommodation to suit all budgets, from shared rooms to bungalows with a private pool
** All itineraries & schedules are weather permitting, sea conditions, currents, tide, minimum numbers and may change without prior notice as the instructors see fit.
* Rates are only valid for bookings paid via internet!.