As a diver, oxygen is an important part of treatment for many dive maladies and illnesses.
The PADI Oxygen Provider Specialty course is an one-day entry-level emergency oxygen course, that teaches you how to recognize dive illnesses treatable by emergency oxygen. Do you know that less than 50 percent of all injured divers receive emergency oxygen in the field, and even fewer receive oxygen concentrations approaching the recommended 100 percent? By learning how to administrate emergency oxygen you are ready to help a fellow diver should the need arise.
Though suited for divers, this course has no prerequisites and doesn’t include dives, which means it is equally applicable to those who are around divers – boat crew, non-diving buddies, lifeguards, and shore staff. You don’t even need any previous CPR or first aid training to take the course.
You’ll learn about dive injuries, different types of emergency oxygen equipment and safety considerations when using oxygen. Then you’ll practice:
- Assembling and disassembling emergency oxygen equipment.
- Deploying a non-rebreather mask and a demand inhalator valve on a breathing diver.
- Using a pocket mask on a non-breathing diver.
-Training in Swimming Pool or Beach
No Required for this course.
Promises We Don’t Break:
- No more than 4 people per instructor!
- Materials Including Oxygen Provider Crew-Pak ( eBook)
- All Dive Equipment Included
- Oxygen Provider certification
- Hours are flexible
- Multi language if requested (French, Spanish, German, Dutch…)
Arrival Day: Sign up here at Siam 1 day before you would like to start the course; get a PADI Emergency Oxygen Provider Course Manual and a brief explanation of how to use it from our Staff.
Training Day in Our Classroom:
09:00: Watch Oxygen Provider Videos with the instructor.
13:00: Perform the Oxygen Provider exercises and scenarios.
We have accommodation to suit all budgets, from shared rooms to bungalows with a private pool
** All itineraries & schedules are weather permitting, sea conditions, currents, tide, minimum numbers and may change without prior notice as the instructors see fit.
* Rates are only valid for bookings paid via internet!.