Have you ever wondered it feels like to breathe underwater? Our try dive experience allows you give it a go without the pressure of committing to a full course. This provides a perfect opportunity to get an overview of the basics and explore the stunning underwater vistas that surround Koh Tao, under the supervision of one of our fun and friendly instructors. While this is not a scuba diving certification in itself, it can earn you credit towards your Scuba Diver or Open Water license. It also allows you to dive under professional guidance for a further month after your experience, enabling you to keep diving in other locations throughout your holiday.
Here at Siam we offer a full day Discover Scuba Diving package which includes two dives. You’ll start off in one of our open air beach classrooms in the morning, where your instructor will orientate you to the equipment you’ll be using and explain what you will be doing out in the water. Then it’s time to jump on board one of our comfortable dive boats and head out to one of the island’s beautiful sheltered bays. On the first dive you will learn some basic skills, safety rules and communication procedures, before taking the plunge into a guided tour around the stunning underwater landscapes, coral reefs and marine life of the bay. The second dive requires no skills practice, allowing you more time to explore the reef further, and admire your amazing new underwater surroundings. But the fun needn’t end here… if you get the buzz for diving and are eager to continue, ask your instructor about taking your Diver or Open Water license. Your skills practice and dives from your discovery experience give you credit towards either of these courses, so with just a couple of extra days training you can be a fully certified diver. Go on, give it a go!
We start every day at 10:00am so book it now.
How it works:
- World’s most popular introduction to scuba diving.
- Discover Scuba Diving skills may be credited toward the PADI Open Water Diver certification.
- Average dive depth is 6 metres/20 feet (12 metres/40 feet is the maximum depth).
- All our dives are done from our boats. We offer free coffee and tea and snacks (biscuits and pineapple).
- Walk away with your first Scuba Diving Certification for up to 12 meters and it’s valid for 12 months.
- No experience needed, just bring you’re swimsuit, sunscreen lotion and don’t forget your towel.
We have accommodation to suit all budgets, from shared rooms to bungalows with a private pool
** All itineraries & schedules are weather permitting, sea conditions, currents, tide, minimum numbers and may change without prior notice as the instructors see fit.
* Rates are only valid for bookings paid via internet!.